Global Design Futures Network Symposium and Workshops in Bali, Indonesia
The 2023 Global Design Futures Network Symposium and Workshops are being held at the Tsinghua Southeast Asia Center in Bali, Indonesia November 16-19, 2023.
Global Design Futures Network (GDFN) was established through a memorandum of understanding signed in May 2023 by the Academy of Arts & Design at Tsinghua University, the Department of Design at Politecnico di Milano, and the School of Design at Carnegie Mellon University. The aim is to establish a global design futures learning platform and community, attracting global government, universities, institutions, scholars, and students to jointly promote the emergent practices mixing design and futures studies, and provide frontier methods and tools to address global challenges.
GDFN will gather academic resources and practical design futures cases from a global network and sustainably promote collaborative learning, teaching, and research. In addition, by organizing the establishment of academic exchange platforms and corporate cooperation platforms, we co-design future visions for global issues such as the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, the challenges of the Anthropocene, climate adaptability, a community with a shared future for humankind, and future well-being.
There are five workshops:
- Artificial Intelligence and Future Fashion facilitated by: Clarice Garcia，RMIT University Australia; WEI Qinwen, Beijing Institute of Fashion Technology; SONG Yi, Beijing Institute of Fashion Technology; Hosted by Ting Chawchen, Beijing Institute of Fashion Technology.
- Artificial Intelligence and Future Cultural Tourism facilitated by: GAO Xiang, VOYA LINK ; Host: HE Siqian, University of Science and Technology Beijing; MA Yuemei, Politecnico di Milano, GDFN International Coordinator.
- Futures Thinking and Consensus Community facilitated by Cheryl Chung, Kantar Public, Head of Singapore; Host: WANG Yun, Beihang University.
- Strategic Foresight and Digital Futures facilitated by Jörn Buhring, Abu Dhabi University, Host: ZHU Lin, Tsinghua University, GDFN International Coordinator.
- Artificial Intelligence Content Generation (AICG) and Future Metaverses facilitated by 分享嘉, 宾林宾华, 刘文俊 Host: ZHANG Mengting, Macau University of Science and Technology
GDFN co-founders Prof. Peter Scupelli, Prof. Anna Barbara, and Prof. Zhiyong FU will facilitate a community symposium to discuss the GDFN’s emergent mission, vision, and roadmap for the next three years.
Organizers: Academy of Arts & design, Tsinghua University
Design Department, Politecnico di Milano
School of Design, Carnegie Mellon University
HOST: Department of Information Art & Design, Academy of Arts & Design at Tsinghua University
CO-HOST: Tsinghua Southeast Asia Center